What's new

GREAF Discussion Thread

Website
teamsesh.org
What's up everybody thread specifically for the man himself, Greaf.

Let's keep the nonsense theories to a minimum and focus on the revolutionary production this man has given us for the past decade and most probably beyond.
When I get a chance I'll post some of my all time favorite tracks and also how Greaf's music specifically has transformed my idea of what music has the potential to be.
To me I truly believe his music runs deeper than the man behind the mask and reveals a much bigger picture of the world we're living in.
From the first time I listened to "Whole Again" my life changed and since then there's nothing more calming than the sound of Greaf's production.

I know for a fact every single one of the people I've met on my creative journey thus far has expressed there appreciation for Greaf and this is something I could never take lightly.
He's spawned an entire community of kids that are creating for the sake of creating and who see the value in friendship over anything else.

Has Greaf's music affected you, and if so how? When did you start listening to Greaf? What was your first album/song you listened to? If he could work with anyone who would it be and why?

will add to this thread later but hope to see you guys hitting me back

Website
www.soundcloud.com
His/Its music gives me a different perspective on life. its like being high but you're completely sober at the same time. I cant remember the first time i heard Greaf, but i do know that the music created has had a lasting effect on myself. I honestly hope we never find out the identity of the wonderful being.

Website
teamsesh.org
My absolute favorite album is "What Is This?" the entire album to me is priceless. Something I hope to cherish for the rest of my life. It's so crazy to me that something so simply can resonate with you so much. Each song reveals a chapter in my life I can no longer fully remember, but every time I play pieces of it come back to me.

I feel comfortable knowing that even if things turned to shit tomorrow one thing I'll always have is the emotions attached to these songs. I remember one night specifically where I was completely freaking out but as soon as I put on some of Greaf's music I could control my breathing and relax.

What are some of the albums that resonate with you?

Last edited:
Website
teamsesh.org
Another thing... Greaf is one of the only artists I listen to where you could have listened to a song so many times yet it seems there's always "something" you haven't heard in the beat before. Like your ears for a short period tune into something you've never heard before.

i feel like Greaf really helped give me direction as an artist, and i think a lot of people can say that as well.

Website
yungbiocide.bandcamp.com
I found Greaf thru Bones - Air, the first album I heard from him was called Stranger. My fav. producer, Team Sesh wouldn't be the complete without him. I think Greaf and Bones make the best songs, it's just my opinion though, I love sad ass music (this is where surrenderdorothy comes in)

Greaf has always made the best unique melancholic melodies, I've always loved the samples he uses, and his music helped me thru 2013-2015. His identity may remain unknown but his work has affected more ppl than you'll ever know.

Can't wait to see what he gives us next, he is a genius.
GREAF.jpg

Website
teamsesh.org
I found Greaf thru Bones - Air, the first album I heard from him was called Stranger. My fav. producer, Team Sesh wouldn't be the complete without him. I think Greaf and Bones make the best songs, it's just my opinion though, I love sad ass music (this is where surrenderdorothy comes in)

Greaf has always made the best unique melancholic melodies, I've always loved the samples he uses, and his music helped me thru 2013-2015. His identity may remain unknown but his work has affected more ppl than you'll ever know.

Can't wait to see what he gives us next, he is a genius.
Agree with everything you've said man thank you for sharing. Air I believe is technically the first song both of them released together which is fucking amazing considering how well both of their styles merged on that track. Revolutionary.

That picture is sick by the way.