What's new

underrated consoles

what consoles don't get enough love in your eyes?

for me, it's the Dreamcast.
2000px-Dreamcast_logo.svg.png
it sucks that the console didn't do better commercially, but given it was later forced to compete with the PS2 it's not hard to see why it failed. that aside, there are a shit ton of really unique, groundbreaking games that came out for the Dreamcast. the Dreamcast was also weirdly innovative in several ways; take for example "Visual Memory Units," memory cards that were inserted into a slot in the controller. every Dreamcast game would project different visuals onto the card; you could also download games onto the VMU that acted as portable games. today, a lot of downloadable homebrew games exist for the VMU as well. ED7C79FE9.jpg
out of all the consoles i own, none really have the same weird charm that the Dreamcast does. i don't know what it is; it was a very forward-thinking console with a library full of overlooked creative gems. the aesthetic of the home menu is really nice too.
maxresdefault.jpg
let's not forget. the fuckin startup.

spookydrxw

sesh it department
Sadly I had no dreamcast, but heard about that a lot of times. I used to play on chinese copies of Dendy and Sega and miss that time when you just play the whole day with your friends